May 18th painting using interactive acrylics about 4 x 5 feet. click on painting to see detail
My sinuses and oils are not friends. I read this from a blogger in Namibia Africa. SILKEBERENS art, life, and africa.
In my studio I have a note scrawled on a piece of paper tacked up on my wall. Oils make me sick. Every time I painted my nose would run. I knew the solvents were toxic. Oh, but I loved to paint with oils. They were so buttery. Acrylic was so hard, so plastic. It’s was just not me.
Well, I have discovered a new love. Interactive acrylics by Chroma.
- you can reblend and rework all day.
- a week later you can erase the paint or soften it in order to blend colors with new paint.
- there is no plastic look or feel.
- Paint dries satin, not plastic looking.
- I can control the drying process.
- The paints are water soluble – not toxic.